Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Opening up your pores with steam to get at blackheads?

I read that you can put your face over a pot of steam to open up your pores, and then you use tweezers to the get the blackheads out. Does this work? Does it hurt as much as everyone says it does?Opening up your pores with steam to get at blackheads?
I started doing this twice a week and I've had problems with acne for a long time. it seems to be making my face look clearer. AS for picking at them, its not the best idea. I have some black heads on my nose that drive me insane, but when i have picked at them, i seemt o have a very loose pore left over that seems almost like a hole on my nose. Instead, I'm going to get a semi-expensive facial to get rid of them, and then keep doing my steam routine to keep them gone.





St Ives Apricot scrub does do a good job, but it won't get rid of big blackheads for some people. Just be careful what you do with your face! Its there for a long time!





PS. I used to add dried out herbs to my steam, like lavender and mint, to add a tingle of refreshment when I steamed. :]Opening up your pores with steam to get at blackheads?
I've put a damp towel over my head and bent over a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes. I've never picked blackheads w/ tweezers but i immediatly put on a peel-off mask and that really works good.
I never had much luck with steaming. I always use St Ives Apricot Medicated scrub instead.
yes, it does work! and it only hurts if someone else is getting out the blackheads for you. if you do it yourself, you have a lot more control over how you feel. but it does work! and your face feels so much better afterwards! ;o)
I agree with Daphne. I use it too but it doesn't get rid of all the black heads but it does work pretty well. It makes my skin feel really soft because it's so rough, it scrubs away all the dry skin and alot of black heads. I have never really tried the steam though, but now you have given me a good idea! thanks, I am going to try that tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment