Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best facial products to make pores smaller and to get rid of blackheads?

There is no way to permanently make pores smaller, but there are things you can do to minimize their appearance, or close them temporarily. To rid your face of blackheads, you need to open the pores as much as possible first. Steam is the best thing for this, or put a warm washcloth on your face.





Once your pores are opened, use a mild abrasive to scrub out the ones that are near the surface. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the original one, not medicated, etc.). This might sting a little -- but it is only temporary.





A Biore strip will get out some of the smaller blackheads. I think they still make rectangular ones for your face, but if not, just spread out once made for the nose on the areas with blackheads.





I know I will get flack for this...but the really deep ones are best dealt with by squeezing. I know that sounds gross, but if you saw a professional that's basically what they would do with fancier equipment! Try to squeeze as much skin around the blackhead as possible, otherwise your fingers will slip and you will just make a mark on your skin.





Some people say this leaves scarring, but I will tell you I am 31 without a scar or mark and people compliment my skin all the time.





When you are done with this treatment, close your pore again with cold water and an astringent. No need to buy something expensive; Witch Hazel of Ten-0-Six (drugstores) will do just fine.





On a daily basis, I use plain old Noxema day and night. I leave it on my skin until I feel a little burn then rinse it off. I've used this since I was 12, and people always ask me what my secret is.





If this doesn't work, you can try an Alpha Hydroxy mask or lotion to ';burn'; the top layer of your skin, making the blackheads more vulnerable. Lastly, a good sunburn seems to clear up a lot of blackheads (be careful!)





Hope this helps...good luck!What is the best facial products to make pores smaller and to get rid of blackheads?
True story that clinique was the best for me. expensive, but by far the best out there.. I cant afford that anymore living on my own.. so i used clean and clear for a while and it was ok.. then i found Invigorating Cleansing Scrub from Avon. Works! And much cheaper! What is the best facial products to make pores smaller and to get rid of blackheads?
retin-a!!


it will make your acne and other stuff worse for a while but seriously i use retin-a and don't have any black heads or white heads or acne anymore [:
try CLINIQUE or if you don't have the money try SOAP AND GLORY- they seem a bit risky but truly good quality :)



clean and clear deep cleansing wipes i luv them they are soooo good


hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment